I love everything about summer:
- the heat (because heat = water play and I LOOOVE playing with water!)
- lazy days (ie. no hectic schedules w/ school, activities, homework, projects, etc.)
- endless time together (see above)
- free summer deals (see my previous posts about free movies and free zoo visits!)
She does a weekly series called Works For Me Wednesday where she shares a tip about something she's found that worked for her to make life easier/better/more fun, and invites her readers to link up their own as well. They have been fun and enlightening to read! I'm not sure I can keep up with posting my own each week, but I sure do enjoy reading hers, so I thought I'd share her link. And maybe I'll post a few of my own when time allows ; )
Since today's WFMW is about Summer ideas, I figured this list is a universal necessity for parents in the Summer time, so I wanted to do my part to spread the word about it and share an idea of my own:
I like free. I really like free and educational.And I especially like free, educational and creative! This idea I cam across in a magazine years ago has become one of our favorite boredom busters for the Summer Time. We call it our Summer Treasure Hunt. And its so simple, fun and time consuming!
- Grab a bucket
- Go OUTSIDE!
- Fill said bucket with all sorts of natural treasures (cool leaves, funny shaped sticks, even BUGS of all shapes and sizes)
- sit on driveway sorting through all the "goodies" you found, picking out out favorites, then put them all back
- go inside (to cool off!) and write/draw/use play dough to recreate (and recall!) favorite finds
Let me know if you have any fun Summer Boredom Busting Ideas! Let's keep this list going and growing!!